Volunteering at a local Fire/EMS agency is a fun and exciting adventure that provides you with the knowledge and skills needed to move into a full-time position in your future.
Volunteering gives you the opportunity to receive free training, free schooling opportunities, meet other professional volunteers, and to serv
Must be an active member of the Fire Department to qualify. May be Fire or EMS Personnel. Anyone authorized by the Fire Chief to attend is elegible to apply for the free tuition program for the Ivy Tech Community College Volunteer Firefighter Scholarship Program.
Once you are voted on to the department, you are immediately elegible to apply for the Ivy Tech Community College Volunteer Firefighter Scholarship program. Speak with the Fire Chief to apply. Letter of Membership is required to qualify for this program.
The Albany Fire Department is paid per call. We ARE currently accepting applications. To Apply, please click the pdf link below and fill out the application. Please scan and email the application and required information to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application to the Albany Town Hall during normal business hours.
Requirements for Employment:
1. Be 18 Years of Age (Will accept applications of 17 year olds in their senior year of High School
and will require parents permission)
2. Hold a Valid Indiana Drivers License
3. Must be able to complete NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800
4. Attend and Pass Firefighter I & II Certification when classes are made available
5. Attend and Pass Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations class when made available
6. Obtain American Heart Association CPR, First Aid, AED Certification
7. Live in the Albany - Delaware Township Fire Response Area
8. Not have any Felony Convictions or Felony Pending Charges
9. Complete a Command Staff Board Interview
10. Be voted on by the members of the department
11. Make 20% of Runs Each Year
12. Maintain 24 Hours of Minimum Annual Training
13. Attend Monthly Meetings, Trainings, and Special Events
Monthly Business Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month at 7:00pm. Monthly Training Meetings are held on the thrid Wednesday of every month at 7:00pm unless otherwise specified by the departments Training Officer. Special Events include the July 4th Fire Works Event, Annual Halloween Parade, Albany Christmas, and department fundraisers. Training hours obtained during any state certification course are counted towards the 24 hour annual requirement.
Application processes are typically done twice a year or as needed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 765-789-6390 or at email@example.com.